Minecraft, the popular sandbox construction game created by Mojang AB founder Markus Persson and developed by 4J Studios, has released a brand new update, including a variety of fixes, tweaks and new contents.
The game, which is taking the video game world by storm, despite lacking the time-tested formula of violence, massive graphics and super heroes, is now available in all regions on a variety of platforms, devices and consoles, such as PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita Xbox One, and smartphones.
On Wednesday, Mojang releases Snapshot 15w31b containing the following bug fixes:
- [Bug MC-82808] - New arrow names
- [Bug MC-82809] - Texture errors for Spectral Arrow
- [Bug MC-82819] - Levitating for too long kicks the player
- [Bug MC-82842] - Multiplayer whenever someone mines the body of another player shakes
- [Bug MC-82859] - You get a stack of the new arrow upon picking it up on the ground
- [Bug MC-82873] - Cannot get property on Rails
- [Bug MC-82874] - When you do /kill with a left arm set it goes to a right arm
- [Bug MC-82876] - Hide particles not working
- [Bug MC-82880] - Cannot get property while planting cocoa beans.
- [Bug MC-82896] - /clear doesn't clear slots other than main inventory
- [Bug MC-82907] - Signed Book and Quil messed up result
- [Bug MC-82938] - Enderman missplaced arm + head
- [Bug MC-83041] - Armor slots in /replaceitem do not work as intended
- [Bug MC-83143] - Glowing effect does not have team color around armor or held items
- [Bug MC-83187] - Signs show opening and closing quotes on each line
- [Bug MC-83313] - Failed to save chunk java.io.UTFDataFormatException: encoded string too long: 65541 bytes
- [Bug MC-83460] - Tellraw is completely broken!
- [Bug MC-83623] - Item models break when tools with durability use the Unbreakable tag.
- [Bug MC-83709] - Scrolling in the "Miscellaneous" creative inventory tab skips one row
- [Bug MC-83818] - [Resource Pack Bug] Crash when using cull faces with multipart blockstates
- [Bug MC-83838] - ShulkerBullet NBT gets corrupted when (Owner,) Target and Pos position are equal
Last Friday, the company release the new Minecraft 1.18 update for download in Europe and North America on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as well as on Xbox One.
Minecraft 1.18 update, includes the Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack trial content; Acacia Wood, Acacia Planks, Acacia Fence, Acacia Fence Gate, Acacia Door, Acacia Slab and Acacia Stairs to the Creative menu; and Dark Oak Wood, Dark Oak Planks, Dark Oak Fence, Dark Oak Fence Gate, Dark Oak Door, Dark Oak Slab and Dark Oak Stairs to the Creative menu.
The "Greek Mythology Mash-up DLC" pack is a premium download for all the gaming platforms the features new player interface, special soundtrack, customized set for texture and 39 new skins, said Tech Times. The new update also allows players to play as the thunder god Zeus, the sea god Poseidon and multitude of cyclops and other monsters from Greek legend, the report said.
Windows 10 Beta Coming Soon
Mojang announced the existence of the new Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta that will ship the same time as the Windows 10 release on July 29. Those who already own the Minecraft PC Edition will be able to download the Minecraft Windows 10 Beta for free. Other players will need to pay $10 for the beta.
Minecraft Windows 10 Beta will have many features from Pocket Edition. Players can craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends. Also, user feedback will shape the final release version of Minecraft Windows 10.