iPhone 6S Release Date, Specs: Analyst Reveals iPhone 6S Production Delayed but Won't Affect Rumored September Launch

( [email protected] ) Aug 08, 2015 08:50 AM EDT
A trusted analyst revealed that mass production of the upcoming iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus has been delayed by one to two weeks. However, this setback will not affect their expected launch on September.
Next-generation iPhone 6S and 6S Plus reportedly encountered a production delay but will stick to planned September launch. Apple

Apple's highly anticipated next-generation devices, the iPhone 6S and the larger iPhone 6S Plus, have reportedly hit a production setback just weeks before its expected launch.

Ming-Chi Kuo, analyst at KGI Securities, has shared information that mass production of the upcoming handsets has been delayed by one to two weeks. He mentioned that orders for the current-gen iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have been cut so as to allow the assembly of its successors.

The analyst has garnered a somewhat solid reputation due accurate predictions and leaks that he had shared regarding previous Apple products. His statements was first reported by Taiwan's Central News Agency.  With this delay, the iPhone 6S and its heftier sibling, will begin production in late August.

Kuo further said that Foxconn, a Taiwanese electronics company, is in charge with assembling 100% of the iPhone 6S Plus models as well as 60% of the standard iPhone 6S devices. Meanwhile, the remaining 40% will be handled by Pegatron, another Taiwan-based electronics manufacturing firm.

In spite of the interrupted production, the KGI analyst still believes that both models would be ready to launch within the planned time frame which is assumed to be next month. Having said that, it will not be a surprise if Apple experience a shortage for the new devices once they are released.

When it comes to specifications, earlier rumors suggest that the iPhone 6S will mostly derive its design from its predecessor. However, a leaked photo of the upcoming handset indicates that it will have a stronger aluminum body and a slightly thicker profile. The added thickness is reportedly intended to accommodate the Force Touch feature into its display. This feature will allow the device to differentiate between various kinds and intensities of touches.

To those wondering when exactly Apple's latest models will arrive, they might want to keep their eyes peeled when September 9 comes.  People familiar with the device maker's plans have supposedly shared information to BuzzFeed editor John Paczkowski regarding the devices' actual launch date.

The Cupertino-based tech giant has not given out invitations yet but Paczkowski already reported that the big launch event will happen during the second week of September. Paczkowski has accurately reported about Apple launch dates before. This time, he is claiming that the release of the iPhone 6S as well as a new Apple TV will be during the week beginning September 7; eyeing Wednesday, September 9, as the most probable launch date.

Tags : apple, iphone, iphone 6s, iphone 6s plus, iphone 6s rumor, iphone 6s release date, smartphones