United States' 240th birthday is just around the corner. On Monday, the festivities will happen on Seafair Summer Fourth, Bellevue Family 4th, Corbett Fun Fest and many other locations across the country.
On the 4th of July, Seafair Summer Fourth celebration will open at Gas Works Park. There will be music on the Main Stage from 12:30 to 9 p.m. Also, there will be vendors and food trucks that offer burgers, barbecue, fried chicken and hot dogs, and there's beer for ages 21 and older.
Seattle Times reported the big fireworks display at Gas Works Park will start at 10:20 p.m. The 20-minute pyrotechnic show will be accompanied by songs about stars, flight and exploration to celebrate Boeing's Centennial. It is estimated there are more than 10,000 pounds of colorful fireworks that will be launched to 1,000 feet in the air.
For those who are not within viewing distance of the fireworks show, KIRO 7 TV will air the spectacular display of lights at 9 p.m. Monday.
On the other hand, one of the biggest Independence Day party on the Eastside will happen on Bellevue Family 4th at Bellevue Downtown Park. The Main Stage entertainment will begin at 3:45 p.m. Monday. In the evening, there will a big fireworks show at 10:05 p.m. The display will be accompanied by music from Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra.
On Idaho, the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration showcases one of the best fireworks shows in the nation. This year's celebration will pack 17,550 shells into a 31-minute program. There will be an average of 10 shells per second. Viewers can watch from the scenic banks of the Snake River.
On Oregon, there are certain types of fireworks that are illegal. According to its fireworks law, it is illegal to use fireworks that fly, explode or travel more than 12 inches in the air. However, it will not stop people to celebrate the Independence Day.
According to Koin, here are some the places where you can watch firework displays around Portland area:
- Corbett Fun Fest - A Hometown 4th (fireworks and music)
- Estacada Timber Festival (fireworks, concert and log rolling)
- Fort Dalles Fourth (food, fireworks and music)
- Independence Day at Fort Vancouver (fireworks, picnic dinner, family fun games and entertainment)
- Red White & Blue Riverfront Festival in Downtown Corvallis (fireworks, food, drinks, crafts and more)
- Pepsi 4th of July Spectacular at Oaks Park (fireworks, rides and roller skating)
- Waterfront Fireworks at Tom McCall Waterfront Park (fireworks and music)